In the beginning of this year, I set out to write down my goals for the year and see them through. I did this exercise in 2014, but never got to do it in 2015 and 2016 (I was too busy). It was too bad really because I always have goals and milestones drawn up in my work, it should be just the same in my personal life. So, I have resolved to do this every year – write down my goals, put it on this blog, and track my progress at the end of the year.
Apologies for just publishing my list of goals just this month (September), but this should really push me to achieve most of these before the year ends. There is a page on this blog where I collate all goals across the years.
For 2017, here are my targets for the year….
* Eliminate bad debts.
* Earn US$ 2,000/month from side hustle
* Save 50%-80% of my after-tax income
* Save for the Emergency Fund (>= 3 times my monthly living expenses)
* Receive US$100 in dividends
* Read 10 books
* Reduce weight to 100lbs
* Walk total of 2,000,000 steps
* Travel to 2 new countries
Wish me luck!